Who"s WOODY?

My photo
West Hollywood, CA
28 year-old Emmy Nominated TV Producer, Freelance Editor-at-large, Club promoter, Award winning writer, PR Guru, On-Air Radio Talent, Host. & Event Producer...Not just your average gay. To contact, email me at: woodywoodbeck@mac.com

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Day 1 BG Road Trip

Well I arrived at the airport (LAX) 2 1/2 hours early because my thought was maybe it would be busy on Friday; BOY was I right! The place was a mad house and so unorganized people coming and going from every which way and it literally took me 45 minutes to just check in then I had to get in another line just to hand them my bags to go through the xray machines that was so long it went outside and came back in and waited in that line for 50 minutes, then had to go through security which took 35 minutes, needless to say I was sprinting to the gate and checking to make sure the rest of my crew made it. Out of 12 of us 11 made it, 1 guy had to take a later flight (I mean who comes to the airport an hour before there flight...GIVE me a break!) HA! Anyways, we landed safely in Nashville and as we walked out of the gate we saw this wall that had Kenny Chesney and Carrie Underwood in like a field setting and theres a space between them with a sign that says "Stand Here"....RANDOM! What a way to say Hello Nashville then stand in front of a wall in between 2 Superstar country singer...HA!
We checked into the hotel, the beautiful SHERATON MUSIC CITY and after a quick meeting we all gathered in the lobby for some drinks at the bar to celebrate Deans Birthday (hes one of the production managers) and he insisted that we would end up at a strip club and I would be the one getting a lapdance. I quickly and promptly assured him I would be having none of it! HA! We then hit this amazing club called DECADES where we danced the night away to the best of the 80s and 90s. I of course made friends with the DJ who was there who gave the casting call a shout out and then proceeded to say "My man Woody needs to get laid tonight ladies!" to which we all cheered for, then I quickly realized maybe that in fact WASNT what I wanted! The day all in all was incredible and NASHVILLE welcomed us with open arms.

No comments: