Who"s WOODY?

My photo
West Hollywood, CA
28 year-old Emmy Nominated TV Producer, Freelance Editor-at-large, Club promoter, Award winning writer, PR Guru, On-Air Radio Talent, Host. & Event Producer...Not just your average gay. To contact, email me at: woodywoodbeck@mac.com

Monday, October 10, 2005

Helping

I love to Volunteer. Knowing I have helped in some way, in anyway, means just so much to me. I don't expect anything in return, I do it because I love it. I have been doing work for non-for-profits and other charitable organizations since I was 13...thats 11 years now. From Make-a-wish, the American Red Cross, United Way, Childrens Hospital, Childrens Miracle Network, SPCA, Tsunami Relief Fund, The ONE Campaign, Capital Pride, Empire State Agenda, LGBT groups of Upstate NY, GLSEN, Academy of Friends, GLAAD, SF Aids Foundation, SF Gay Pride, The Matthew Shephard Foundation, and my own that I ran for a short period of time...Friends With Pride. Most people don't get the value and meaning of their donated time and hard work, show dedication and honest and non-expecting love and it pays off in many ways...
I got this email...from a guy...who I have bonded with over the past couple of months through a series of emails, day in, day out, we often laugh, cry, share deep and meaningful moments through our emails to each others, and I met him doing work for a non-for-profit that fights day in and day out for us, the gays! I adore him and I feel I know this guy on such a level that he truly apperciates my soul for what it is, he gets me, and I get him. He knows I do what I do because of who I am and not for what I can get out of it...
He writes:
"JJ -
I have been reading through "motivational" emails i have saved over the
last few months as i come up with content for the ***** newsletter that
may finally happen.
I just wanted to thank you for being so enthusiastic and supportive to
me since day one.
It honestly makes an impact.
Keep smiling."

Deep
Thoughtful
Caring
Honest --
Thank you C for making me believe that this is worth it...
Being me
is
just
that
simple!

No comments: